Worship at Immanuel is Christ-centered, Word-inspired, and Prayer-filled. Our purpose is to worship God, Father Son and Holy Spirit in such as way as to inspire and equip you to live out your life as a devoted follower of Jesus Christ.
We alternate our style of worship each week – the first and third Sundays of the month are a liturgical style of worship with communion. On the second and fourth Sundays of the month are a praise style of worship led by a praise band team. (During the summer, every Saturday is our praise style of worship and every Sunday is our liturgical style of worship.)
Our communion table is open to all who believe in Jesus Christ and wish to receive this gift of grace and forgiveness. Children who are unaccustomed to receiving communion are invited to come forward to receive a blessing.
Our Mission Statement
We are a church family of Christian believers who celebrate with joy the renewing love of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We are committed to learning, sharing, and living the Word of God and His sacraments in our Worship, lives and community.
Our Church Affiliation
We are a member of Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC)
Visit www.lcmc.net for more information.
Our Statement of Faith
We believe, teach, and confess the Triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe, teach, and confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and the gospel as the power of God for the salvation of all who believe in him.
- Jesus Christ is the Word of God incarnate, through whom everything was made and through whose life, death, and resurrection God fashions a new creation.
- The proclamation of God’s message to us as both law and gospel is the Word of God, revealing judgment and mercy in the person and work of Jesus Christ through whom God was pleased to reconcile all things to himself.
- The canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God. Inspired by God’s Spirit speaking through their authors, they record and announce God’s revelation centering in Jesus Christ. Through them God’s Spirit speaks to us to create and sustain Christian faith and fellowship for service in the world.
We believe, teach, and accept the canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the inspired Word of God and the sole authoritative source and norm of our proclamation, faith, and life.
We accept the Apostles’, Nicene, and Athanasian Creeds as true declarations of the scriptural faith we believe, teach, and confess.
We believe, teach, and accept the Unaltered Augsburg Confession and the Small Catechism as true witnesses to the Word of God, normative for our teaching and practice. We acknowledge that we are one in faith and doctrine with all churches that likewise accept the teachings of the Unaltered Augsburg Confession.
We believe, teach, and confess the other confessional writings in the Book of Concord, namely, the Apology of the Augsburg Confession, the Smalcald Articles, the Treatise, the Large Catechism, and the Formula of Concord, as further valid expositions of the Holy Scriptures.
We believe, teach, and confess the gospel, recorded in the Holy Scriptures and confessed in the ecumenical creeds and Lutheran confessional writings, as the power of God to create and sustain the priesthood of all believers for God’s mission in the world.
The first services for Immanuel were conducted in private homes by Missionary Immanuel M. Brackebusch of the Wisconsin synod. Carl Peil, Sr., then called together fifteen families on May 1, 1892, for a meeting which resulted in the organization of the first congregation. The fifteen families were: Carl Peil, William Hein, Fred Krause, August Rademacher, John Oldenburg, Charles Abrahamson, Frederick Lehman, William Tischler, Sr., Herman Oldenburg, Emil Krause, Sr., Andrew Polzin, Fred Reh, Otto Ohnesorge and Henry Kirschner. It was in September of 1893 that the congregation incorporated and obtained a charter, under the leadership of Reverend Brackebusch.
During the years of 1901-1930, while affiliated with the Wisconsin Synod, the congregation was served by six different pastors, who were paid in part with meat, vegetables and wood to heat their homes. It was customary for parishioners to walk with their families to church, as most did not own a horse and buggy.
A yearly mission festival was held in the old town hall (which was at the site of the current post office.) Women made items to sell and many folks brought food from their gardens to help earn money which went to synod to support mission work.
1892 – The first church structure was begun on the site donated by Mrs. John Oldenburg and Mrs. Wohltman.
1928 – Relations with Wisconsin Synod ceased.
1930 – Immanuel Congregation joined the English Evangelical Lutheran Synod of the Northwest of the United Lutheran Church of America.
1931 – Original church structure was moved nearer the street. (Hwy. 57)
1962 – Ground was broken for the parish education building.
1980 – Ground was broken for the current sanctuary dedicated in March, 1981.
2011 – Immanuel Congregation voted to leave the ELCA and affiliate with Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ. (LCMC)